In connection with using the Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged on-line registration and donation services, the Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged collects Personal Information from users of our services. We respect your rights with respect to the collection of your personal information and it will only be collected, used and disclosed as provided in this policy or as otherwise specifically consented to by you. The policy will apply to and protect personal information (as defined below) collected by the Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged.
This policy applies to personal information about users of our services that is collected, used or disclosed to the Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged in connection with the services.
To better understand this policy, the Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged has set out some basic definitions to use when reading and interpreting it.
Collection: the act of gathering, acquiring, recording, or obtaining personal information from any source, including third parties, by any means.
Consent: voluntary agreement to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information for defined purposes. Consent can be either express or implied and can be provided directly by the individual or by an authorized representative. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing, but is always unequivocal and does not require any inference on the part of the Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from the circumstances or from an individual’s action or inaction.
Disclosure: making personal information available to a third party.
Personal Information: information about an identifiable individual that is recorded in any form, but does not include aggregated information that cannot be associated with a specific customer. For a customer, such information does not include that which is aggregated in such a manner that it cannot be connected to him/her and/or information which is publicly listed in a written or online directory or typically made available through directory assistance.
Use: the treatment, handling, and management of personal information by and within the Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged.
Collection of Personal Information
As indicated above, we only collect personal information that you consciously provide as we provide the services. We may also collect personal information if you contact us, through e-mail, telephone conversations or the completion of forms, for support and other inquiries.
Purposes and Collection
Where appropriate, the Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
- Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged collects personal information only for the following purposes:
(a) To enroll you as a participant, volunteer, or sponsor at the Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged, provide the services to our program customers (“Customers”) or users. In providing the services, the personal information you choose to supply will be disclosed to the Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged to support general operations;
(b) To establish and maintain responsible commercial relations with customers and users (which will include, but not be limited to: billing, communication and account verification);
(c) To meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
(d) To administer and manage its business operations.
- Persons collecting personal information directly, other than through the services, will be able to explain to individuals the purposes for which the information is being collected, or will, upon request, refer the individual to a designated person at the Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged who will explain the purposes.
- Unless required by law, the Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged shall not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than those described above without first identifying and documenting the new purpose and obtaining the consent from you, where such consent may not reasonably be implied.
The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, except in certain circumstances as described below:
- In certain circumstances, personal information can be collected, used, or disclosed without the knowledge and consent of the individual. For example, legal, medical or security reasons may make it impossible or impractical to seek consent. When information is being collected for the detection and prevention of fraud or for law enforcement, seeking the consent of the individual might defeat the purpose of collecting the information. Seeking consent may be impossible or inappropriate where there is an emergency threatening the individual’s life, health or security, or where the individual is a minor, seriously ill, or mentally incapacitated. In other instances, information may be publicly available.
- In obtaining consent, the Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged will use reasonable efforts to ensure that you are advised of the identified purposes for which personal information collected will be used or disclosed.
- The form of consent sought by the Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged, in respect of information sought to be collected in association with the Services but outside of the completion of the applicable online registration form, may vary depending upon the circumstances and type of information disclosed. In determining the appropriate form of consent, the Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged shall take into account the sensitivity of the personal information and the reasonable expectations of its customers, employees, and volunteers.
- Your use of the services in the completion of registration and online donation form(s) will be considered implied consent to collect, use and disclose the associated personal information for all identified purposes.
- You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged will inform the individual of the implications of such withdrawal. In order to withdraw consent, You must provide notice to Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged in writing.
At Your request and notification, the Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged will update personal information as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes. You always have the right to request that we delete, destroy, return, amend or update your personal information in our possession as you may direct, subject to reasonable notice.
Personal information will be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Any personal information in our possession is stored electronically, either on our server (which may be hosted offsite) or on other electronic storage media.
- We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, access to or alteration of your personal information and data under our control.
- We operate computer networks that are protected by industry-standard firewalls and password protection. Appropriate physical and managerial security is also in place, including but not limited to the execution by our employees of a confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement as a standard practice of our hiring and employment.
- Empire State Games for the Physically Challenged will protect the personal information it discloses to third parties through contractual agreements stipulating the confidentiality of the information and the purposes for which it is to be used.
- While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to your data will not occur, we will use our resources and expertise to attempt to prevent such occurrences.
- We commit to providing a minimum of an annual review and training with respect to this policy among our staff with potential access to your personal information.
Notification of changes